Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rogues Gallery

Onward!

So I've been experimenting with different Rustoleum rattle can spray paints. Sure it would be nice to always use real brass, wrought iron etcetera, but that's not always practical. Weight and tensile strength are two important considerations. But there might be some frugality involved as well- if I'm going to have something powder coated I might as well not build things myself. ;)

Just don't tell anyone at the country club.

Here's a rogues gallery of Rustoleum paints. I've cut up some cardboard to serve as sample tabs. I primed and clear coated them as well. In fact I'll be testing different coatings- enamel, urethane and so on. My favorite paints I will test on square bar.



I know I'm not the only one who uses the occasional rattle can so hopefully my ongoing paint experiments will prove useful to my compatriots.

No comments: